Legal Guidance for Establishing Sound Employment Compliance Practices
Our employment law attorneys provide professional counsel to clients in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
The knowledgeable Pleasanton lawyers at Garcia & Gurney, A Law Corporation are aware of the changing laws and regulations that affect labor and employment. We understand issues pertaining to wages, discrimination, sexual harassment, disability harassment and whistle-blower actions in depth. We use our experience representing both employers and employees to advise you on the best practices that comply with state and federal laws.
What our trusted legal team can do for you
Properly managing a business and employees requires the creation of concise employment plans that address specific issues. Every possible factor that could affect your operations as an employer must be taken into account. The Pleasanton attorneys at Garcia & Gurney, A Law Corporation have extensive experience counseling clients on the following matters:
- Wage-and-hour compliance: We thoroughly understand the wage-and-hour rules set forth by the California Labor Code and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Our employment-law attorneys can review your employee classifications to ensure that you are complying with these laws and regulations so that you can avoid disputes related to overtime, state-mandated break time and other wage issues.
- Basic compliance training: We can educate you on how to comply with employment laws. Additionally, we can train you on the best way to handle terminations and avoid costly litigation.
- Whistleblower risks: Our experienced lawyers know how to develop sound whistleblower policies that encourage employees who perceive illegal activity or workplace violations to come forward without fear of retaliation.
- EEO compliance: It is vital that employers understand behaviors that constitute unlawful discrimination and harassment. Garcia and Gurney attorneys can help you understand and comply with the various EEO provisions.
- Employment contracts: Our employment lawyers in Pleasanton can help you create thorough employment contracts, including severance agreements, executive compensation agreements, “golden-handshake” agreements, non-disclosure agreements and non-compete agreements. As experienced business law attorneys, we understand the importance of drafting a contract that is explicit and well-thought-out.
As a full-service law firm, Garcia & Gurney, A Law Corporation integrates knowledge of many aspects of the law to provide clients with the highest level of legal service.
Knowledgeable legal help for employment law matters in CA
Garcia & Gurney, A Law Corporation proudly advises employers in Pleasanton on developing sound compliance practices. For help with a labor and employment issue or other business law matter in and around Alameda and Contra Costa Counties, contact us today by phone at 925-468-0400 or online.