Skilled Employment Attorneys Protect Your Rights as an Employee
Serving the needs of employees in Pleasanton and vicinity
As an employee, you have certain rights. When an issue that threatens to violate your rights arises between you and your employer, you need trustworthy legal help. At Garcia & Gurney, A Law Corporation, our experienced lawyers are committed to helping you navigate the pitfalls of employment law. When you seek our help, we promptly review your case, determine your rights and lay out a concise resolution strategy. We explain the details and their implications to you in an easily understandable manner.
What our accomplished legal team can do for you
Our Pleasanton attorneys provide comprehensive employment law representation for clients in and around Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Issues regarding discrimination, harassment and wages can add stress to your life and make your job more difficult. We analyze the facts of your situation and advise you as to the best course of action. We’re prepared to assist in a wide variety of employment law matters, including:
- Executive compensation — Our dedicated attorneys advise, negotiate and litigate complex issues related to executive compensation, such as nondisclosure agreements, restrictive covenants, severance packages, employee stock option plans and other benefits. Our experience qualifies us to handle contract disputes and compensation issues that particularly apply to high-tech industry professionals.
- Whistleblower protections — State and federal law protects employees who expose a business’ illegal activities. Our firm counsels potential whistleblowers on the proper protocols for coming forward, and represents whistleblowers who have suffered unlawful retaliation in the workplace, such as harassment, reassignment, reductions in pay and wrongful termination.
- High-level wage and hour issues — If you believe your employer is violating federal wage laws, consult with a knowledgeable employment law attorney. You may have a case if you have been denied regular wages, overtime wages, bonuses or commissions.
- Discrimination — When an employer treats an employee differently based on age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation or disability, the employee has the right to take legal action. At Garcia & Gurney, A Law Corporation, our knowledgeable lawyers represent both employers and employees in discrimination cases. This means that, when you retain our services, you gain the support of a legal team that knows how to build a solid case and understands the defense your opposition will likely present.
- Reductions in force — You have certain rights under state and federal law when your company downsizes drastically.
- Social media issues — We represent employees in disputes over management’s use of social media in background checks and for disciplinary actions. We defend employees accused of defaming businesses, employers and superiors.
- Classification of independent contractors — When workers are misclassified as independent contractors, they lose out on rights they would have if they were properly classified as employees, such as workers’ compensation, healthcare and unemployment insurance.
Contact Garcia & Gurney, A Law Corporation to receive reliable employment law advice
Garcia & Gurney, A Law Corporation is proud to represent employees in California whose rights have been violated in any way. For help with a labor and employment issue or other business law matters in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties, contact us today by phone at 925-468-0400 or online.